Migrate to Azure Data Factory
Migrate legacy and on-prem data workloads, and pipelines to Azure Data Factory and benefit from the cloud-native ETL framework such as tremendous cost savings, performance gains, added flexibility, and greater scalability.
Hybrid ETL with Azure Data Factory
Perform “lift and shift” migration of an existing SQL database using a hybrid ETL approach using Azure Data Factory as the primary orchestration engine.
Why Azure Data Factory?
Use existing SSIS packages and migrate to the cloud using Azure Integration Runtime. No rewrite needed, huge savings here.
Low impact approach to migrating existing databases to the cloud and taking advantage of their existing SSIS packages.
Centralizes data in the cloud for easy access using standard ANSI SQL queries and a highly scalable platform.
The user defines the data sets, creates pipelines to transform the data, and maps them with destinations in a simple UI-based tool.
Azure Data Factory is a highly scalable, agile, and cost-effective solution that provides code-free ETL as a service.
Over about 80+ readymade connectors to help migrate with ease without any complex algorithms.
Katpro is a pioneer in Azure and a leader in Data Management and Engineering services with over 10+ years in the industry and serving customers globally.
Our vision is to be in the cutting edge of technology serving customers in their digital transformation efforts.
Azure Synapse Migration
Azure Synapse is an enterprise analytics service that accelerates time to insight across data warehouses and big data systems. It brings the best of SQL technologies used in enterprise data warehousing, Spark technologies used for big data, Pipelines for data integration and ETL/ELT, and provides integration with other Azure services such as Power BI, CosmosDB, and AzureML.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the components of Azure Data Factory?
- 1. Blob storage is used to store files and as a source for Data Factory to retrieve data.
- 2. SQL Server Integration Services contains the on-premises ETL packages used to execute task-specific workloads.
- 3. Azure Data Factory is the cloud orchestration engine that takes data from multiple sources and combines, orchestrates, and loads the data into a data warehouse.
- 4. Azure Synapse centralizes data in the cloud for easy access using standard ANSI SQL queries.
How much does Azure Data Factory cost?
Data Factory is a cost-effective way to orchestrate data movement in the cloud. The cost is based on;
- Number of pipeline executions
- Number of entities/activities used within the pipeline
- Number of monitoring operations
- Number of Integration Runs (Azure-hosted IR or self-hosted IR)
How does the costing work?
Data Factory uses consumption-based billing. Therefore, the cost is only incurred during pipeline executions and monitoring. The execution of a basic pipeline would cost as little as 50 cents and the monitoring as little as 25 cents.
What is the typical checklist for migration?
The following are the typical checklist and approaches for any migration we perform;
1. Onboarding and planning – defining the environment, logistics, and plan
2. Code translation – determining the workloads and underlying code objects
3. Testing and Automation
Talk to us!
Get Started Today for a Free Assessment
No Hidden Fees
Our Awesome Clients
We are proud to have these customers in our portfolio.