Worried that the Dynamics 365 will run out of storage?
Well! We have the perfect solution for you.
It’s time to integrate Dynamics 365 with Microsoft SharePoint.
Why? That’s because Microsoft SharePoint is a documentation system that can efficiently store all of your documents with ease. You can have easy access to the documents whenever you need.You’ll have a lot of space than D365 sales.
And that’s when you will need to stop worrying about the running out of storage problem. This integration will allow the D365 Sales records to have their own folders in Microsoft SharePoint.
And what will it lead to? Every file will have its personal space in the system.
Without wasting any further time, let’s just dive into the topic right now by covering the steps required to integrate both of these platforms.
Before that, let’s talk about what you require:
- Office 365 Global Admin Access
- Dynamic 365 Sales Access Having System Admin Access
Have all of the two?
Well, then! It’s time for you to get started.
- Login Dynamic 365 for the Sales Web Client.
- Go over “Settings.”
- Are you able to see a drop-down menu? Choose Document Management.
- Click “Enable Server-Based SharePoint Integration.”
- A pop-up window will appear. Click “Next.”
- Is your SharePoint on-premise or online? Select one.
- Now, you have to add your SharePoint site URL. Click Next.
- After your site is validated, click on “Enable.” And the setup will be completed.
Your Server-Based SharePoint integration is enabled.
- Go to the Document Management Screen. Choose which entities are to be enabled for the SharePoint folders.
- Go to “Document Management Settings.” A pop-up window will appear. Select the entities. Click “Next.”
- Define the folder structure. Select and click “Next.”
- Is it done? Finish it!
If you did it right, you’d be able to see a document option that’s been enabled under your entities. And now you will be able to store as well as manage the files under Dynamics 365 directly under SharePoint.
Let’s talk about the benefits.
Better Team Collaboration
And that’s what this integration does the best. Different enterprise make use of different document management systems to turn their sales and marketing processes simple. And due to this, they have to keep a record of just everything and store and arrange a lot of documents across various departments. As a result of this integration, it’s possible for the users to access and store all of these documents and maintain an outstanding collaboration.
Simplified Document Management
That’s what SharePoint does the best. Many businesses use it for their complex document management requirements.
Documents can contain accounts, customer contacts as well as different business entities that you need to track. As a result of this integration, you can track all of these entities and make the document updating, sharing as well as management a whole lot easier.
Improved Data Security
With the help of this integration, it’s possible for the users to edit, view as well as share and check the history on just a single platform.
You won’t need to switch the system to perform all of these functions. Even the non-CRM users can access the documents shared through the SharePoint platform. For that, they definitely will require some adequate permissions as well as authorization rights.
Well, I hope that we were successfully able to help you with your problems related to this topic.
You can check our blog section to get more of your queries resolved.
Who are we?
Katpro is a leading Microsoft Partner for managing your Cloud investments such as Office 365, Microsoft Azure, building digital process automation solutions, SharePoint Customizations, Teams App Development and Dynamics 365. Contact us for more details.